Thursday, June 7, 2007

Moms need a good laugh

The other day my one-year old son took a yogurt and dumped the whole thing on his head, then proceeded to rub it in. My natural reaction was to clench my teeth and scream. But as I heard my 4 year old just laugh at the baby like it was the most hilarious thing he'd ever seen, I let go of the anger and joined in. You know what...as the three of us were laughing, I felt calm and more relaxed. In the often stressful life of a mom, you need a hearty laugh on a daily basis - it really makes things better. I guess that's why studies show that laughter is good for your health and can even make you live longer. (Bonus: less stress can help with weight loss, too.) Here's a great site, made especially for moms, for one of "those days," when a good laugh is what you need.

No comments: