Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Breakfast for Weight Loss

Mornings are tough -- they were hard in high school, college, post-college and still today. Not only do we have to get ourselves ready to go but introduce little ones and the tough mornings get even tougher. If I knew then what I know now, I would have enjoyed my quiet mornings at my pace -- it was a luxury! So, what are some of the things that go out the door so that we can get out the door -- one of them is typically breakfast. I am here to warn you -- do not give up breakfast. Aside from modeling good behavior to your children, breakfast can help you lose weight and keep it off. According to a study published using information from the National Weight Control Registry, 78% of successful weight loss individuals ate breakfast consistently every day of the week. Impressively, on average, these people lost 70 lbs and have kept it off for 6 years. Now, breakfast does not have to be time consuming. I typically pick up a banana and my favorite energy bar, which right now is the kids' bar by Cliff, the Z bar (I like the wholesome ingredient deck) and I fill my coffee mug with my beverage of choice for that morning. My breakfast begins as soon as the kids have their seat belts on and we are out of the neighborhood.

No comments: